Healthy Italia is food… and heart!
What we do everyday aims to bring traditional Italian dishes to every family, create memories around the table and let you enjoy the meal along with your relatives and guests, sharing unforgettable emotions together.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
- We’re different from every other cooking school: our founder, Cristina Bossini, and her staff teach ad occhio (by eye), the way Cristina’s grandmother cooked, and her mother before her!
- All of our lessons are hands-on; you’ll get to cook delicious meals from scratch for an amazing journey through traditional and authentic recipes of Italian cuisine;
- Everything you need is provided: the best ingredients (imported directly from Italy!), individual cooking stations as well as guidance and inspiration from our owner and your cooking instructor, Cristina Bossini, and her assistants who have been trained in traditional Italian cuisine;
- You will enjoy a full immersive experience: cook, eat, drink, socialize and have fun because each cooking class is followed by a sit down dinner and dessert;
- We have a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle) policy, so you're more than welcome to bring your favorite beverages with no corkage fee!
- No cooking skills required, we make it easy and fun for everyone!
Owner and Founder
Hello! I am Cristina, the owner of Healthy Italia and a native Italian who moved to the United States in 2014.
My original plan was to stay in the U.S for six months working in an internship while improving my English language skills. After being offered a full-time accounting job, I decided to stay but I followed the advice of my father to pursue “something else” outside of a 9-5 job. Healthy Italia is my “something else”!
The original idea was to open a retail store that would sell imported goods from small Italian producers. Today Healthy Italia has evolved into a retail store with an attached cooking school, where we instruct students in live and virtual cooking classes, teaching them how to prepare traditional Italian dishes from scratch.
My mantra is that everyone can create a delicious dish from a few simple ingredients.
I cannot wait to meet you all in the store and in our kitchen!
Kitchen Manager and Cooking School Instructor
Hi, I’m Angela! I was born and raised in Red Bud, Illinois, where my love for cooking and baking started at a young age. I would spend countless hours in the kitchen pouring over my mom’s cookbooks. Lucky for me, she gave me free reign in the kitchen since I loved surprising my dad with a new creation when he returned home from work.
My love to feed my family and friends continued once I had a family of my own - three wonderful “foodie” children. I sometimes joke that you never know what part of the world we will be eating from. The kitchen has always been my happy place so upon my decision to return to work after being a stay at home mom for 14 years, I lucked out with the perfect job at Healthy Italia doing what I love everyday!
I look forward to teaching and cooking with you … I hope to see you soon!
Kitchen Assistant and Cooking School Instructor
Hi, I’m Emily! A native of Wayne, New Jersey. I have had a passion for pasta since birth - which makes working at Healthy Italia a dream job!
I love to be in the kitchen cooking for family, friends, and Healthy Italia’s customers. When I am not at home trying out new recipes with my husband, I am here teaching you!
My background as a former dance teacher, paraprofessional and special education teacher help me to provide the best experience for your child’s birthday party.
My favorite thing to do is share a great meal and bottle of wine with good company. I can’t wait to do the same with you in one of our classes!
Business Manager and Event Coordinator
Hello, I’m Susan, born and raised in Long Island to Italian immigrants.
As an only child of two Italian natives, my youth was filled with Italian language, culture and food. When I first stepped into Healthy Italia to take a cooking class I felt transported back to my childhood! Seeing all the homemade foods and joy that cooking brings made me feel right at home. It felt like a natural fit to join the team and spread happiness to all who walk through the door!
I love chatting with customers in both Italian and English, to help make gift baskets, plan birthday parties, corporate team building events or family parties. Give us a ring and I will be happy to help make your event a memorable experience!