Chef Instructor APPLY NOW
Part-time position with flexible schedule.
*** MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK AT NIGHT AND ON WEEKENDS***
The Chef Instructor contributes to the success of Healthy Italia by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. The Chef Instructor blends culinary talent and teaching skills to support the business owner and Master Chef in driving business results.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Models and directs employees to ensure customer service standards are met.
- Delivers an exceptional cooking class experience at every class using recipes and procedures provided
- Ensures high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the experience by keeping work area and guest areas clean and organized.
- Ensures all food items are cooked and served at the correct temperature and under sanitary conditions.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Strives to achieve individual and/or class sales goals.
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to Cooking School Assistants and communicates performance issues directly to the Business Owner
- Seeks opportunities to increase cooking class and retail sales.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action, follow up with Business Owner
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with business owner, customers and employees
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by business owner
- Enthusiasm for teaching and cooking
- Love and passion for Italian Culinary Culture
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing employees and/or class participants or while selling to customers.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors or odors, or recognizing particular flavors or odors using tongue or nose.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and/or replenish merchandise and/or cooking equipment.
- Ability to use hands to seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise in order to chop, whisk, slice, stir, juice and/or demonstrate other techniques.
- Ability to work a varied schedule in order to teach classes at different times of the day, week and year.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise and/or kitchen equipment weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Environmental conditions: working with an open flame and/or other heating units, and exposure to variation in kitchen temperature.
- Food Lover
- Outgoing, passionate and enthusiastic individual
- Italian language speaker
Experience and required qualification:
- Passionate cook - no degree required
- 4 months training will be provided in order for the Chef Instructor to be independent in teaching Cooking Classes and Private Events
- Ability to drive sales and motivate teams.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively and switch focus with ease
- Extremely organized with keen attention to details
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Solution based thinker with a consistently positive attitude
- Comfortable stepping outside regular duties as needed
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving environment
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactively in seeking support and help when needed.