Cooking School Assistant, Dishwasher, and Server APPLY NOW
Full time position.
Must be available nights and weekends.
Starting pay: $15.00/hour
The Cooking School Assistant, Dishwasher, and Server role is a dynamic job that requires flexibility to perform varied tasks to assist in our kitchen and cooking school. The role requires someone who can follow all the directions provided by our kitchen staff and develop the ability to work independently.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assists cooks in preparation of the dishes that are sold in our store
- Demonstrates proficiency in safe use of all cooking and power equipment, including set-up, start-up and cleaning after working
- Demonstrates proficiency in established procedures to meet sanitation regulations and to achieve the quality standards of the department
- Demonstrates proficiency in tray line set-up procedure
- Prepares meats and vegetables for cooking by cleaning, peeling, chopping, seasoning, or otherwise
- Demonstrates proficiency in established cooking and holding procedures for hot and cold food
- Prepares short order specials as requested
- Prepares some finished items under cook's direction
- Rotates items, using the oldest items first (FIFO)Stores leftover cooked food according to established procedure
- Maintains reach-in refrigerator (clean, stocked for meal service, and leftovers rotated according to procedure)Helps clean stoves, , ovens and stainless steel equipment
- Sets up the kitchen for cooking classes and private events following the cooking instructor directions and developing the ability to work independently
- Set up the kitchen with proper equipment for hands-on cooking classes and events and ensure that all equipment is clean and functional.
- Prepare mise en place for the workstations, which includes measuring, washing, and preparing ingredients and equipment.
- Helps clean stoves, ovens and stainless steel equipment
- Clean up as classes progress and dishwashing all tools and tableware after classes and events.
- Available to work on a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to guarantee set up, assistance during and clean up after cooking classes, birthday parties and private events.
- Strong communication skills including strong relationship building skills
- Ability to be on your feet during working hours
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40lbs, including setting up and breaking down tables
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling , twisting, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching or/and using a stepstool on a frequent basis
- Food Lover
- Outgoing, passionate and enthusiastic individual
- Ability to multi-task effectively and switch focus with ease
- Extremely organized with keen attention to details
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Solution based thinker with a consistently positive attitude
- Comfortable stepping outside regular duties as needed
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving environment
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactively in seeking support and help when needed.
2022-11-30|||Madison, NJ|||Kitchen Team||||||VT7548OCxz1J~DKw|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||15|||||||||false