Cook's Helper and Cooking School Assistant APPLY NOW
Part-time position: 28-hours week
- Mon. 2:00 - 6:00pm
- Tue. 10:00 am - 6:00pm
- Wed. 2:00 - 6:00pm
- Thu. 10:00 am - 6:00pm
- Fri. 2:00 - 6:00pm
The Cook Helper and Cooking School Assistant works closely with the Cook to learn all the aspects of running a kitchen and a cooking school.
The Cook Helper follows all the directions provided by our cook and develops the ability to work independently, both cooking dishes and setting up the kitchen for cooking classes and private events.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assists cooks in preparation of the dishes that are sold in our store
- Demonstrates proficiency in safe use of all cooking and power equipment, including set-up, start-up and cleaning after working
- Demonstrates proficiency in established procedures to meet sanitation regulations and to achieve the quality standards of the department
- Demonstrates proficiency in tray line set-up procedure
- Prepares meats and vegetables for cooking by cleaning, peeling, chopping, seasoning, or otherwise
- Demonstrates proficiency in established cooking and holding procedures for hot and cold food
- Prepares short order specials as requested
- Prepares some finished items under cook's direction
- Rotates items, using the oldest items first (FIFO)Stores leftover cooked food according to established procedure
- Maintains reach-in refrigerator (clean, stocked for meal service, and leftovers rotated according to procedure)Helps clean stoves, , ovens and stainless steel equipment
- Sets up the kitchen for cooking classes and private events following the cooking instructor directions and developing the ability to work independently
- Set up the kitchen with proper equipment for hands-on cooking classes and events and ensure that all equipment is clean and functional.
- Prepare mise en place for the workstations, which includes measuring, washing, and preparing ingredients and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Available to work on a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to guaranty the preparations of to-go meals and catering orders that are sold in the store and the set up of the kitchen for cooking classes and private events
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including strong relationship building skills
- Ability to be in your feet during working hours
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40lbs
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling , twisting, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching or/and using a stepstool on a frequent basis
- Food Lover
- Outgoing, passionate and enthusiastic individual
- Italian language speaker
- Ability to multi-task effectively and switch focus with ease
- Extremely organized with keen attention to details
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Solution based thinker with a consistently positive attitude
- Comfortable stepping outside regular duties as needed
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving environment
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactively in seeking support and help when needed.
2022-02-15|||Madison, NJ|||Kitchen Team||||||d.dk5EeH-SSSJRTY|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false